what makes teapigs the best
teapigs organic matcha is premium grade
- Matcha can be produced in different grades - some are premium (top quality and nutrient rich), whilst others are poorer grades and contain fewer nutrients.
- The green tea used for teapigs matcha is 100% organic, and has been certified by IMO Switzerland (EU organic, USDA organic) and JONA (Japanese organic). Not all matcha products are certified.
juicy leaf only
- Some types of matcha contain the stems and veins, which can dilute the nutritional value and leave it tasting bitter. Our matcha has had the stems and veins rigorously removed - we like to stick to our guns when it comes to quality and flavour.
3 layers of cover
- teapigs organic matcha is grown with not one, with not 1, not 2, but 3 layers of cover. Not all matcha gets so much protection from the light, thus maximising the chlorophyll content.
- teapigs organic matcha is put through lab testing to make sure it is perfect. We test everything from the particle size to the levels of nutrients amino acids, and catechins, so you know you're getting a great cup every time.
- Picked by hand by skilled workers ensures that only the young leaves and buds are used; this keeps the quality of matcha consistent.
- The very best matcha comes from Japan. Ours is from the Nishio region – well known for top notch matcha.
pure loose powder
- The benefit of drinking matcha is that you ingest the actual green tea leaf, rather than drinking the infusion from a teabag. You can’t ingest all the goodness if your matcha comes in a bag.